August 5, 2008

is that a gerbil in your box or are you just trying to get your license?

I woke up this morning, to find my mom in panic. We had it planned to go to the Connecticut Deparment of Motor Vehicles this morning to get my license. Although, they make you bring soo much crap to fully identify yourself that you lose your brain half way along the way. Soo mother and i were grabbing my birth certificate and social security card...when we suddenly realize that...we dont have a verification envelope of my address. And we immediately freak out, because i had just cleaned my room on friday( like my mother told me to) and threw out all my birthday card envelopes i recieved in the mail.Our next thought was to use this big catalog i got from a college, but we thought since it was a label with my address on it...that they would think we just stuck it on. soo we decided to bring the box that i recieved with my shoes in it from journeys. we drive all the way there and stand in line with all our stuff, in this shoe box...that looked like we were carrying around a pet gerbil. which if we in fact really did have a gerbil in there we would have been in lots of trouble because there are no gerbils or other pets allowed in there. we waited in line for twenty minutes during that time i found out my mother had her shirt on inside out which made us look even more ridiculous and adding to the whole gerbil in the box factor. when we reached the counter the lady informed us that the college catalog was acceptable and that i had all i needed to obtain my license. and in the end we were victorious! i got my license and now im ready to cruise on the road!

until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome haha, hopefully you can afford gas and get a car. I've been driving for about a year now and I can not even afford a car =/ Anyways, I'm so happy for you! =)