March 12, 2010

Who wants to say, that they never lived?

I'm sure that, in one point of your life, if it hasn't already happened, or perhaps it has crossed your mind a million times, every person in the world wants to know if they are significant. Have I touched someone? A family member, or a complete stranger in a way that has changed their life, and has made them change anothers? Did we do what we were supposed? Was our small successes satisfying enough?
Everyone is terrified of the, "what if's" the "couldas" the "shouldas". Everyone wants to leave those regrets out of their lives...for their entire lives. Can we blame ourselves? Who wants to say, that they never lived? The way I see it is, we are all afraid to get out of our own way, and do what we want. We are all afraid to live, when we were put on this planet, to live. Do you see any other reason for us to be here? We aren't here to help the planet, we aren't here by accident...it was on purpose.
Noone can say they don't have a purpose...everyone has a purpose here. This is a more general realization than people feeling that God makes your purpose, or who ever is your higher being...whatever you believe, believe it. I'm saying in a general format, that every single human being on this earth is going to touch someones life, and make an impact. Why do we die, at certain ages? If we all had the same purpose...the same path, we would all die, the same age, the same time, the same day, and with the same fulfilled duty. There is a reason for everything, every little thing that happens to you... there is a reasonable explanation for whatever it was you encountered.
I'm 18. And I think every day, who have I touched? I make art, and it makes me people feel. I've held doors open for people, i've stood up for people who couldn't defend themselves, and I wonder...if that is enough. Enough to give someone that little something they need to feel special, to feel happy...or to just even feel. I recently have connected with a group of people, who have become my friends and they have changed my life. There is nothing like, thinking you are something, and having someone tell you, you are amazing and that you've changed their life for the better. Both of you at the same time, changing eachothers lives, making them feel like they've never felt before. It's earth shattering when you find people, who simply make your life better, and you reciprocate. After all, life isn't simple. It's something we do, every day, you have a beginning, a middle, and an end. There are people who share your life with you, and people who are simply just there. There is a day, when you feel that first sense of pride...your first accomplishment, and that feeling is towards something so small... it's just a chapter in your life. In the end... there is that pride again, but its not just for one thing, it's for every second that you lived, and made your life, what you wanted.
We are all...significant.




I wrote this segment, after seeing Remember Me. It was an excellent film with great life lessons. I would have love to write more on this subject, and i'm sure I will, as I learn more and more about it every day.

thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for writing that. young people are often underestimated... but i've always looked up to you. i admire you. you have definitely changed me; if not with your words, then with your smile, your laughter... your wisdom beyond your years. i have always felt this way.